A Limited Liability Company (LLC) can be a great way to protect your personal assets while also keeping your business structure and taxation relatively simple. Here are the major steps to form an LLC in California:
- File your Articles of Organization, and other formation paperwork.
- Soi, fein, licenses, permits
- Draft your Operating Agreement.
- Buy-sell provisions
- Must be tailored to your business
- Open your business bank accounts.
- Pay your taxes.
- Do your due diligence.
- Estate planning, bookkeeping/taxes, updating operating agreement, soi, meetings/recordkeeping, insurance